Monday 8 September 2008

God is never late...

It has been nearly 2 months since we moved into our new house and all I can say is that God is SO good, and He is so much better at knowing what I need than I am. It is so easy to talk the talk about trusting God & knowing that He has everything under control but the question is: do I really believe it?

We had about two months to look for a new house after finding out that we had to get out of the last place & throughout that process we had to keep on reminding ourselves that our trust was in God. The last time we went through this process God waited until pretty much the last moment on the last day that we had up our sleeves to lead us to the place He had prepared for us but when it finally came we were very happy for the two years we lived there.

I have often joked that "God is never late...but He has missed some awesome opportunities to be early" and this time was no exception as we were only a week or two from having to move and the rental demand was obviously very high. Because of that we ended up applying for a house that met our needs but I hadn't really fallen in love with...and we got it!

I was trying to be thankful but to be honest was a bit disappointed and wrote the following in my journal on July 7: "Thankyou for our new house Lord Jesus. You know that in a way it feels like it has fallen short of the MIRACLE HOUSE I have been believing for...but I say thankyou regardless..."

Exactly 3 weeks later I wrote this: "THANKYOU Jesus for our house...I am sorry for questioning your provision for us - this house is proving to be heaps better for our family than I could have realised..." I have no doubt (now) that God prepared this house for us and that it suits us, our needs & circumstances, far more than our 'wish list' could have guaranteed.

The truth is that while I was wishing that God wouldn't wait until the last minute He knew that had He shown us this house earlier, when I still had time to think I could find something 'better', I almost certainly wouldn't have applied for it at all. It is one thing for us to say we trust God, and maybe intellectually we do, but often our actions & feelings suggest that our hearts are not quite so convinced.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Dave, I'm so happy it worked out for you!